12/14/11

Nic Cage-a-thon

Back in September I watched a few Nic Cage movies and wrote short reviews, here's all of them together:

8mm directed by Joel Shumacher.

First time I’ve seen it, it was good. I liked the development of Nic’s character, reminded me of Rorschach from Watchmen.

Lord Of War directed by Andrew Niccol.


I like this movie a lot, the narration and the trivia about guns, the pacing, etc. Plus Jared Leto gets fucked up pretty badly, that's always nice. "NADIE SE VA A CHINGAR"- Nic Cage as Yuri Orlov

Vampire’s Kiss directed by Robert Bierman.

Strange, very strange, but I loved it. Has a bunch of Nic Cage losing his shit and the different reality of the things makes me think of American Psycho.

Also this:

Raising Arizona directed by The Coen Brothers
 
Non stop laughter and kind moments. Expressive Cage is expressive. Also, bonus points for the music and the hillbilly accent. Loved it!


The Weather Man directed by Gore Verbinski

The whole movie I was like ‘don’t be cry don’t be cry don’t be cry’. Of course there were funny moments and dialog, but I think it got me a low punch. Nic’s sweet side if you will.


Snake Eyes directed by Brian De Palma

This is one of my favorite Nic Cage movies and I still love it as much as the first time I saw it. The mystery builds up and when the plot is fully revealed it delivers very well. I love how much of a dick Nic’s character seems when he gets introduced, but over the movie you really start rooting for him. The supporting cast is also amazing!

The Wicker Man directed by Neil LaBute

Had to close on a great movie so I did. The last of the Nic Cage-a-thon (at least for now) and the first of October: Month Of Horror, there is not much to say about this movie other than:

“How’d it get burned? How’d it get burned? HOW’D IT GET BURNED, HOW’D IT GET BURNED?”

No comments:

Post a Comment