12/14/11

Dawn of the Dead


Month Of Horror:
11. Dawn of the Dead, 1978So tonight I wanted to watch something a bit more gory than the last few movies I’ve been watching… well here’s the early work of effects man extraordinaire Tom Savini who also acts in the film.This is a bloody fun film, the mall setting makes wonderful scenarios and tools for the zombie killings and the humor of the movie. The same setting may be interpreted as social satire comparing mall shopper to zombies, but to me it is just a fun horror/gore flick (I’m not that deep when it comes to horror, sorry).I love how red the blood is! Supposedly, Savini was unhappy with how the blood photographed; to him it looked too bright and fluorescent. Romero felt it was perfect for the film’s comic book style and decided to keep it like that, the fake blood was a mixture of food coloring, peanut butter and cane sugar syrup.If you haven’t seen it or if you just saw the remake, you’re missing out.


11. Dawn of the Dead, 1978

So tonight I wanted to watch something a bit more gory than the last few movies I’ve been watching… well here’s the early work of effects man extraordinaire Tom Savini who also acts in the film.

This is a bloody fun film, the mall setting makes wonderful scenarios and tools for the zombie killings and the humor of the movie. The same setting may be interpreted as social satire comparing mall shopper to zombies, but to me it is just a fun horror/gore flick (I’m not that deep when it comes to horror, sorry).

I love how red the blood is! Supposedly, Savini was unhappy with how the blood photographed; to him it looked too bright and fluorescent. Romero felt it was perfect for the film’s comic book style and decided to keep it like that, the fake blood was a mixture of food coloring, peanut butter and cane sugar syrup.

If you haven’t seen it or if you just saw the remake, you’re missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment